Ma Hog, Mistress of Jazz is a full-bodied, luxurious Jazz Bass-style instrument, arguably the finest instrument IYG has ever built. Weighting in at nearly 13 lbs., she’s certainly the heaviest!
Ma Hog, Mistress of Jazz is made of beautiful mahogany, (Ma Hog, get it? Funny!), and given a hand-rubbed tung oil finish, as well as, retro chrome pick-up covers (which Rocco insists on removing! Come on, son! They look cool!). She’s thick, too—12.6 lbs of big bottom—but well balanced.
Looks Great, Sounds Better!
She plays as good—if not better—than she looks, producing deep, lush lows, woody mid-tones, and articulate highs. Ma Hog is unlike any other Jazz bass you’ve seen, heard, or played—it’s like Gibson and Fender made a big, beefy baby! Listen to Ma Hog, Mistress Of Jazz below!
Ma Hog Features:
- Solid Mahogany body and neck = sweet tone and sustain!
- Classic, two-pickup Jazz bass electronics
- Heavy-duty, string-through bridge
- Tortiose shell pick-guard
- 22 frets
- 34” scale
- Retro chrome pick-up covers
- Knurled metal volume and tone knobs
- Ships strung with La Bella stainless steel strings